Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Halloween Wreath

This is a picture of the Halloween wreath that I made.  This took a little longer than I thought, but it was fun!




Most of the paper is from Stampin' Up.  There are a few that I used DCWV paper.  To make, decide on the width of your paper (anywhere from 1"-2" or so -- larger width=larger circle).  For sizes 1.5" and greater, you need to prepare two 12" strips.  Otherwise, just  one 12" strip will work.  Then you need to do an accordian (or fan fold) on the strips every 0.5".  The easiest way to do this is to use a scoring board and mark off every 0.5".  Then just fold on the score lines.  Line up and tape the wider pieces together.  Then, carefully fold the ends around to each other while maintaining a "flat" middle area.  Glue the second ends together.  Use about a 1-1.25" circle to stabilize the backside.  I glue-gunned the circle to the bottom.  This circle also helps in gluing down on your wreath base.  Then, I added whatever colorful circle to the center of the other side.  Make lots (I used 16 in various sizes on this wreath), and play around with placing them on your base.  Glue gun down, and you have a beautiful wreath!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mandee, love your wreath and all the wonderful colors:) Thank you for sharing it with us!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I have this on my list of things to do. I did assume it would take quite awhile! ;) I'm happy to meet a fellow crafting, SAHM dealing with food allergies. Not that I wish that last part on anyone but you know it's nice to find support. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...