Sunday, October 2, 2011

Halloween Slider Cards

Being the first Sunday of the month, the stamp club that I am a member of met today.  We did 3 great card projects, and I will try to get those posted later this week.  They are so cute, especially a Thanksgiving turkey one!

As I said the other day, we have been doing alot of Halloween crafting around here.  The other day, www.splitcoaststampers.com had the cutest Halloween slider card using the SU sweet treat cups.  I have used these cups with several projects for the kids' classmates in the past, but I just loved how they used the slider (similar look as a bookmark) to keep the recepient from having to tear up the card to get to the candy.  This first picture is my copy-cat version.  The splitcoaststampers version used a different stamp set that had witch's boots, and it was really cute.  I don't have that set, so I had to make do.
The paper and ribbon are from SU.  I used a brad on the slider, but opted for ribbon on the other two.

I love making owls, so I wanted to try one on this card type.  I used the brown M&M's, but I think orange would have still been cute.  Again, the paper, stamp, and ribbon are from SU, but the owl is from the Pumpkin Carvings cartridge.  I used my Gypsy to only cut out the owl (the entire image is an owl on a tree limb in an oval).  I will show you how I used this owl for wall decor later this week.
I think this last one is my favorite of the three.  I just love pumpkins.  The pumpkin was cut from the Pumpkin Carving cartridge and DCWV paper.  The other paper, ribbon, and stamp are from SU.  This sweet treat cup contains orange Skittles for my allergy boy!  Then I remembered that he doesn't like the orange ones!  Too bad, because they look good for the card, so that's what we have to use.
More Halloween crafts to show you later.  Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mandee, Super cute and YUMMY looking cards!! Love those treat cups:) I found you through MPS and I'm now a new follower:) Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...