Friday, October 21, 2011

Halloween Anti-Bacterial Treats

I have started following a great blog at http://pinkbuckaroodesigns.blogspot.com/.  Wednesday, she posted a cute project using Bath and Body Works' anti-bacterial hand gels.  I thought they were so cute, and when I made an unexpected trip to the mall on Wednesday afternoon, I had to run in and pick up a few for the kids' teachers.  I was so excited to find all their Halloween items 75% off!  The saleslady gave me a great idea of getting the regular shape Halloween anti-bacterial gels for classmates (only $.37 each!).  Of course that's what I did and you'll see those in an upcoming project. 

But, I wanted to get something a little different for the teachers, so I chose the round bottles, which you can find the tutorial for the container I used at the Pink Buckaroo site I gave above.  As with most projects, you can use someone's idea as inspiration, and then make it your own with your embellishments.  Here's how mine turned out.








Here's a few "behind the scenes" shots of making this project.  For the tags, I only have one size tag punch, but I like the layered look.  So, I used the square punch to make a piece that fits nicely within the tag. 

Also, I wanted to stamp "To" and "From", but I don't have a good Halloween tag stamp.  So, I found a Christmas one that would fit on my tag, used my SU! black marker, and only colored in what I wanted to show up on the tag.  Custom made!  I thought I would share this because I have a friend that is just beginning stamping, and she asked a question about how to get different colors on stamps.  As it turned out in that example, it was with markers.  When you are use to doing something, you sometime think everyone just knows how to do it too!

 Pop dots are used on the front embellishment along with googly eyes on the stamped images.

The round gels fit so nicely in the circle.  In the tutorial, you will see that the 1 3/4" circle punch is used.





These were fun to make, and really don't take that long.  I have a few more to make using the "regular" shape bottles, so we'll tackle that this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...