Thursday, August 4, 2011

Let's Eat Cake!

My daughter and I love to watch Cake Boss.  We dream of one day being able to decorate cakes like Buddy and his crew.  In the meantime, we gave Emilee a Girl Gourmet cake decorating set for Easter.  It comes with the cake and fondant mixes.  She attempted one several months back, but wasn't too pleased with it.  We got the kit out the other day and tried again.  It was a success.  She was very proud of her cake, and I was too!

So of course, we need a card or something to match.  I decided to use my Big Shot and try out a new Sizzix die I got a few months ago from Stampin' Up.  It's called Bigz Two Tags, and, like the name, cuts out two different tags.  I always need tags for gifts -- at the last minute.  These were easy to cut, and fun to make with the different stamp sets.  I love the Melon Mambo color as well.

Materials (all from Stampin' Up!)
  • Melon Mambo Designer Series Paper 
  • Melon Mambo ink
  • White cardstock
  • Cute by the Inch stamp set
  • 1 1/4" Square punch (use with stamp)
  • Corner Rounder punch
  • White ribbon (Really wish I had Melon Mambo, but don't have right now)

See how the card opens up.  You can write your message here.  There is a little slit cut up near the ribbon where you tuck the tag closed.

Below is a picture of the second tag.  You could also use this to make little bookmarks.  The die cuts out a scallop at the top, so when I was looking for a stamp to use and came across the So Many Scallops set, I thought it just might work.  And it did!  
 Materials

  • Melon Mambo Designer Series Paper 
  • Melon Mambo ink
  • White cardstock
  • So Many Scallops stamp set
  • Scallop punch
  • Pop Dots

So now, I'm up by two on my tags.  By the way, that has been one of my goals every January... make tags (for Christmas, birthdays, etc.) to have on hand whenever I need them.  I'm so far behind!  


1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...