Friday, December 30, 2011

Rag Wreath

After more than a year, I have finally completed my first rag wreath!  I still may add an "A", but haven't decided on that yet.  I just needed to get this displayed as we took down the Christmas decor.  

These are time consuming --- but not THAT much!  I was about 3/4 of the way finished and then ran out of houndstooth material.  I sort of put it on the back burner as I started and finished other projects.  Then, when I was ready to go back to the wreath, it was hard to find the material in stock at my local Hobby Lobby.  In the Heart of Dixie, houndstooth is quite popular, to say the least!  But, I finally got the material, and in preparation for the January 9th National Championship game, I finished my wreath!  I wish the best for my Crimson Tide and hope for a great win and our 14th National Championship!

I also wanted to share the gift card holders I made for Christmas gifts.  I got the design from www.mychicnscratch.com.  The green one is exactly like her design, using SU! dsp.  For the red (cherry cobbler), by request from Cooper, I used a Santa.  He really liked it.  I used velcro to keep them closed.  I really like this design and plan to use again for gift cards.

I'm still finishing up my Christmas scrapbook, and I got a Cinch for Christmas that I can't wait to try out!  I have another New Year project that I hope to finish tomorrow and share, and I just saw on Pinterest a cute way to keep your Christmas cards for each year.  We were so bad... we didn't send out cards this year!  We'll (I'll) do better next year! Tip Junkie handmade projects

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...