Saturday, December 31, 2011

Daily Tidbits Journal

Honestly, I cannot remember where I saw this idea, but I loved it when I saw it.  It is one of those things that I wish I had started when my children were first born, but that's ok.  My new motto for this year is that a year from now, I will have wished I started something today.  So, I start what I can, and just do it!

This is not just an ordinary box.  Inside are 183 note cards.  On each card, front and back, is a month and day.  No year. 

Then, throughout the year, I will use the cards to write down something that happens that day, no matter how big or small.  I will note the year along with the tidbit.  The cards are used from year to year.  So as the years go by, for example on 3/23, we have a record of things that happened on that day.  I would love to journal more, but I don't always make it everyday.  Then, I feel like I have to write alot.  With the cards, I am just going to write a little, and as I come upon something to include. 

Here's how I decided to keep our cards.  I had an extra plastic index card container that I got at Wal-Mart a while back for $1-$2.  Here are the supplies I used.

Supplies:
1 - plastic container
183 note cards
2 - 5 1/8" x 3 1/16" DSP (used SU!)
Corner punch
1/2" circle punch
Vinyl (used 3 colors)
Adhesive
1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon (Chocolate Chip - SU!)

I decided to just keep it simple, and only use the vinyl dots, DSP, and ribbon.  Can't wait to start writing down some tidbits and reviewing them years from now.



That's all for this project.  Now, let me share another project from today that I am quite proud of --- organizing the medicine cabinet! 

Here's the before picture:

And now here's after:

Cleaned out alot!!  Now, we can finally see what we have.  More projects like this are on the way! Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. I really like this idea!! Also---congrats on organizing the medicine cabinet--those are never fun to sort thru--I need to sort thru ours actually! Thanks for being an inspiration today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOH, what a neat way to keep track of things throughout the year! I may have to try this as I'm no good at journaling either! TFS

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...