Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Cupcakes!!

Sorry I went for a while without posting.  We have had alot going on with summer and all 3 kids at home!!  But, I have been doing some projects, and now I need to get caught up on posting them.

My youngest son is allergic to milk and eggs, so we have to be very careful what he eats.  The "normal" childhood treats can be very dangerous for him.  So, we're learning to deal with it and make adjustments when we can.  Several years ago, I found a recipe for a milk and egg-free cake and modified an icing recipe for him.  Like most kids, he could care less for the cake, but loves the icing.  The cake is ok, but is different from a cake made with eggs, so when I make cupcakes with this recipe, they are usually all for Cooper! 

I have had my eye on the Cricut Lite cartridge Cupcake Wrappers for quite a while, and I finally got it at Walmart.com using their cartridge bundle deal.  I was really excited to hold the booklet and see all the wrappers I can create.  One in particular caught my eye.  I think it is suppose to be dog prints, but I see TIGER PAWS.  Our high school's mascot is a tiger and the colors are crimson and white.  I cut the wrappers at 8.2". 

There is a wrapper for any occasion, plus I see using several of these designs with other projects.  I'll cook up more cupcakes soon and create some new wrappers -- they really make it easier to hold the cupcakes and the kids love to pick out which one is for them.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...