Thursday, September 29, 2011

Halloween Lights

A few weeks ago, I saw the cutest project on www.pinkcricut.com.  She used Dixie cups to make little party lites.  Hers turned out to be quite chic and perfect for her daughter (as I have these planned for mine as well and sports ones for my sons!).  But, she mentioned the idea of making these for Halloween.  We are in Halloween craft central right now, so this became a project that we added to our list. 

It's simple, but a little time consuming, so be ready.  I got a pack of 35 lights from Hobby Lobby for about $3.50.  Then, I just covered Dixie cups with colorful Halloween paper.  As the Pink Cricut suggests, make a pattern from a cup first.  The paper I used is from DCWV.  I did use some stronger tape to hold the paper around the cup.  Then, I made a little cut in the bottom of the cup and pushed the light through.  Cute and can be made for any occasion to add a little LIGHT!  We are going to start working on the other two and will post pictures of those when we finish.



Tip Junkie handmade projects

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...