Thursday, January 10, 2013

Valentine's Mason Jar

I love Pinterest! My list of projects to try has grown exponentially since I started going to Pinterest! Over the holidays, I saw several of the mason jar snow globes and soap containers. For Valentines, I decided to make a soap container using a mason jar.

I picked up a few plastic valentine hearts at the Dollar Tree and 2 soap containers at Wal-Mart. The next part, getting the soap pump through the jar lid, was the hardest. I have a drill, but haven't used in a while, so I used a hammer and nail to tap the hole. I only ended up with one scratch on my finger!  After get the pump securely in the lid, I filled the jar with the valentine novelties and then the soap.
It took almost all of both soap containers to fill the jar. Then, I put the lid on. I added the ribbon to test out how I may give as a gift. I also think wrapping up in fabric may be cute, but the hearts floating in the soap are so cute that I hate to cover them up. Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...